Get Ready for Winter with Earl’s Air Conditioning
When the temperature shows signs of changing, it is time to start preparing your home for winter and the holidays. This may involve getting down some fall décor or doing holiday party prep, but it also includes getting your home ready for cold weather. Your HVAC system may be due for an inspection, and your home may be ready for some modifications, our tips below can help you be prepared.
Contact the Coachella Valley HVAC experts at Earl’s Air Conditioning for winter weather preparation and maintenance for your heating and air conditioning system. We can help you make sure your heater is ready to go this fall and winter.
HVAC Winter Preparation and Tips
- Schedule an HVAC inspection and maintenance with one of our experienced technicians. We can make any necessary adjustments, ensure ventilation is unobstructed and secure, and suggest updates for better efficiency. Inspection and maintenance can help you avoid potential mid-season, costly repairs and replacements.
- Clean or replace air filters. Inspecting, cleaning, and replacing air filters each season reduces air pollution, increases furnace efficiency, and prolongs the life of your HVAC system.
- Check your thermostat and consider upgrades. Check your thermostat for any faults, replace batteries, or make sure that the power source is good, and if needed, install a programmable thermostat. Programmable thermostats ensure accurate heating and cooling and can be adjusted when you’re away from home to help conserve energy.
Cold Weather Preparation Tips at Home
- Seal air leaks. Doors and windows may have leaks that allow cold air in and warm air out. Use caulking to seal any leaks around windows, weather stripping for around doorways, and invest in a door stopper-draft blocker for your doorways to reduce any drafts.
- Vent check. Make sure nothing is blocking your vents so heated air flows directly where it needs to go unobstructed.
- Close your window drapes or shutters for extra insulation against cold temps. If there is any mid-day sun, allow it to come in to heat your space, but keep drapes and shutters closed through the night and early morning hours.
- If you have a fireplace, wood-burning stove, or other solitary heat source, you can close off unused rooms to keep the heat where you want it.
Get Ready for Cooler Weather in the Coachella Valley with Earl’s AC
The heating and air conditioning professionals at Earl’s Air Conditioning want to help you be ready for any weather, from furnace and insulation inspection to installation of a new thermostat or heating system. As a locally owned and operated business, we know that Southern California weather can be unpredictable, so let us prep your home for the unexpected.
Call Earl’s Air Conditioning to speak with our Coachella Valley HVAC experts and schedule your seasonal inspection and maintenance today.