Coachella Valley HVAC Repairs and Replacements
Weighing the pros and cons of repairing or replacing your HVAC system is something all homeowners face during their lifetime. Though a repair is typically less expensive upfront and may last a season or longer, a replacement can help save money in the long run and bring peace of mind for the future. When you are ready for replacement or repairs to your HVAC components or are unsure what the best choice is, call the experts at Earl’s Air Conditioning in the Coachella Valley. Our heating and air conditioning specialists can help you weigh the options and determine the best action to keep your home comfortable year-round.
Signs that Your HVAC Systems Need Repairs
If your heater or air conditioner shows signs of a possible functioning issue, it may be time to consider calling a professional HVAC repair technician. If you are unsure what is wrong with your HVAC system, the tips below may help.
- Warm air from your AC vents: This may be a sign that your thermostat is faulty, you have restricted airflow through your system, or you have a compressor issue. Warm air flow can have a simple fix and a sign that you should repair over replace.
- Leaking refrigerant: Refrigerant leaks can be fixed and should not call for replacement; your system can be fixed, recharged, and back to working condition. Leaking refrigerant may indicate your system is short-cycling or turning on and off.
- Constantly running HVAC system: If your system is continuously running, it may be due to a dirty air filter, faulty thermostat, restricted air flow, refrigerant leaks, or dirty coils. In these cases, you can usually repair rather than replace your components.
- HVAC noises: Your HVAC should not make uncommon noises or be exceptionally loud, so strange noises may be due to a loose part, damaged components, or dirty mechanical pieces. Repairs to fix odd noises are often minimal or remedied with a thorough cleaning.
- Airflow issues: Clogged ducts and filters or component blockages often cause weakened or obstructed airflow. Replacing or cleaning air filters or cleaning the components of your HVAC system can often remedy blockages and airflow issues and should not require replacing expensive parts of your HVAC system.
Signs Your HVAC System Needs Replacing
Experiencing the signs below from your HVAC system indicates that it is time to consider replacing your heater or air conditioner. As with any big purchase, get a diagnosis from an HVAC professional and research the potential new systems that will fit your home’s needs.
- Consistent increase in energy bills: As air conditioning systems age, they show signs of disrepair, decline in efficiency, and begin to malfunction more often. If your system is increasingly using more energy and your electric bills are skyrocketing, it may be time to replace your HVAC system.
- Repair costs exceed replacement costs: If your repair estimates exceed the cost to replace your HVAC components, it is time to start shopping for a new system. Remember, compare the costs of repairs and the length of time they are buying you to the cost of a new system or individual components.
- Air Conditioning age: Most AC systems have an expected life expectancy of 15-20 years. If your system is older than its life expectancy and is starting to show signs of disrepair, it is wise to consider replacement. As your system ages, it will continue to need more and more repairs, costing more in the long run than replacing the system.
- AC safety risks: If your HVAC technician indicates that your air conditioner is producing carbon monoxide or is a fire hazard, you should begin to look at replacement systems. Risking the health or safety of your family is not worth saving money and keeping a dangerous system.
HVAC Repairs and New Installation in the Coachella Valley with Earl’s Air Conditioning
Whether your system needs a clean out, you need a new part, or you are ready to replace your air conditioner, the Coachella Valley heating and air conditioning experts at Earl’s Air Conditioning can help. Our local HVAC technicians can diagnose your heating or air conditioning issues, determine the potential repair costs, and help determine the best course of action. Let us help you get your system working again or provide options for a new HVAC system that fits your budget and needs.
Don’t wait until the frigid days of winter or the endless heat of summer to make sure your home is comfortable. Call the Coachella Valley HVAC professionals at Earl’s Air Conditioning today.