Will a Mini Split Keep My House Warm Enough Through Winter?
Mini Split Efficiency in Moderate Climates
Winter temperatures in Coachella Valley typically reach lows in the 40s and highs in the 70s. Our moderate winter climate makes our area perfect for mini split systems to efficiently keep your home warm all winter long. The effectiveness of your mini split system will largely be based upon the type of system you choose, and the winter precautions you take. At Earl’s Air Conditioning, we can help to ensure that you are comfortable and warm this winter and in years to come, with mini split systems, you can count on.
For installation and maintenance of your HVAC system in Coachella Valley, call on the HVAC professionals at Earl’s Air Conditioning. Contact us today to set an appointment.
How to Keep Your Mini Split Running Efficiently in Winter
Keeping your mini split system running well and knowing how to help it warm your home is easy with help from our team at Earl’s Air Conditioning. A mini split is a perfectly dependable heating system for use in your home in Coachella Valley, especially with the tips listed below.
- Use a heat pump for your mini split system to move the warm air rather than generating it, consuming less energy, and reducing the cost to you while maintaining performance.
- Mounting your outdoor compressor correctly is important. Install it under an overhang or in a sheltered patio area. This will keep rain, ice, or snow from accumulating on top of it. When installing, make sure that it is at least 2 feet off the ground to avoid rain and snow accumulation.
- On the coldest days, use defrost mode so that it does not freeze, and install a drain pan heater so that ice does not build up under the unit.
- Mount the indoor air handlers mounted at 1 ½ feet above the floor, so that warm air can distribute evenly across the floor level before rising to warm the rest of the room.
- If you are going to be away from home during the day or overnight, keep the thermostat at a consistent temperature so that it does not take as much energy to warm the house up once you are home. This compensates for efficiency challenges if you are bringing the home up from extremely low temperatures or are fighting an extreme outside temperature.
Mini Split Installation with Earl’s Air Conditioning
If you prefer a mini split system over a traditional whole house HVAC system, there is no need to stress over efficiency and reliability. We understand the needs of our Coachella Valley customers, and we can help you install and run a mini split system that will work great for your home. Keep your family warm all winter long while relying on a mini split HVAC system installed by our installation technicians.
Call Earl’s Air Conditioning to discuss your winter weather needs and how we can keep your family comfortable all season long.